(Full Time; Washington, D.C.)
JPA Health is hiring.
If you want to work at a global agency on a mission to make the world healthier, then JPA Health is the place for you! We’re public relations, advocacy and marketing all rolled into one brilliant bundle. We’re not the biggest, but we’re one of the top agencies focused on healthcare. Our offices are right in the middle of everything in Washington DC, Boston and London.
JPA is diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger. JPA is currently searching for a Jr. Web Developer to join our collaborative and team-oriented environment in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate for the position will be a dependable team player with initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be able to work well with a large team.
Successful candidates for this role will provide website design (UI/UX ), website development, and maintain and support sophisticated web properties. You will engage with stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand requirements/challenges and collaborate on effective solutions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain websites and apps in various languages and technologies (Primarily WordPress)
- Develop IA, UI/UX and wireframe exercises, with a focus on building responsive websites and applications
- Familiarity with AWS and backend server configuration
- Code or manage the code review and deployment process
- Ensure development deliverables are adequately tested; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve production issues
- Collaborate, build consensus and work constructively with project teams across all phases of the development cycle
- Develop technical briefs and manage production timelines
- Stay informed of industry best practices
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, under various deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Software Development or professional equivalent or certification
- Passion for emerging technologies and learning new programming languages, platforms, and mediums
- Experience in both front-end and server-side development
- Solid understanding of web standards and security considerations throughout the development cycle
Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
You’re not afraid to take risks, but you always have a reason and a plan. You don’t just find problems, you fix them. You offer answers, not contention.
Every single day, you think “good enough” is not good enough. You’re never intimidated by complexity, and you’re always motivated by purpose and the power of good health to create good lives.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to get to know you.
Located in Washington DC, JPA Health Communications provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, 20 days PTO, a cell phone stipend, and a flexible work environment.
JPA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.