(Full Time; Washington, D.C.)
JPA Health Communications is an award-winning integrated strategic marketing firm that designs and implements campaigns (corporate, brand, advocacy) for Biotech, pharmaceutical, non-profit and government clients and more. As leaders in influencer relations, JPA uses a targeted approach to reach the stakeholders who drive change and deliver measurable results.
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Vice President that is interested in interested in working in the D.C. office of our internationally recognized firm. The successful candidate will marry healthcare/life science traditional PR/advocacy, health policy and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns.
- Prior agency experience: (8 – 10 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, strategy, and creative marketing skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Lead client relations and development of results-focused PR strategies/programs, and identify opportunities to build clients visibility in its target business communities that align with their overall business goals.
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing client content, including contributed articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Demonstrate a robust understanding of the roles and metrics of other communication channels, especially digital, and have an ability to lead integrated efforts
- Guide and manage the execution of PR programs and campaigns, new product launches, events and other major media milestones
- Build partnerships and relationships with top-tier media contacts, influencers, and industry leaders on a local, regional, and national level
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects, minimizing write-offs and account over-servicing, aiding collection of receivables and ensuring team billability/revenue targets are met
- Manage the account teams in the execution of all programs and assume accountability for meeting all program deliverables.
- Supervise junior staff on various account projects and activities; building a strong team and taking an active roll in their professional development
- Establish and drive new business pipeline by identifying and leveraging new agency revenue opportunities for organic growth – As well as playing key rolls on incoming new biz leads and RFPs.
- Collaborate and Partner with D.C. Managing Director and other senior team members at JPA on new business, client programs and agency-wide initiatives
- Comfort and ability in maintaining and deepening relationships with senior client contacts (CEOs and other C-suite members) by serving as direct senior counsel (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease experience a plus)
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and work across accounts
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills,
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a team
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
JPA offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer healthcare, dental and vision options
- 20 days of PTO
- 401(k) with 5% employer match (immediately vested)
- Monthly phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule, and work from home days offered.
Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. JPA is an equal opportunity employer.