(Full Time; Boston, MA)
JPA Health is an award-winning public relations firm that designs and implements strategic health campaigns for non-profit, pharmaceutical and government clients. As leaders in influencer relations, JPA uses a targeted approach to reach the stakeholders who drive change and deliver measurable results.
We seek an Account Director with 6-8 years of agency experience, proven media and advocacy (non-profit patient advocate engagement) relations skills and strong writing ability excellent project management. Applicant should be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess experience in health communications. The position also requires effective time management and the ability to oversee multiple projects.
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include: overseeing and drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and stakeholder contact
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Direct implementation of events, such as press conferences, media briefings, roundtables, etc.
- Supervise and develop staff on various account projects and activities
- Manage and monitor budgets for accounts and projects
- Support new business proposal development and pitches
- Communications experience (public relations or advocacy relations) with proven advocacy and media relations skills (advocate engagement, media outreach, project management, event execution, etc.) and strong writing ability
- Familiarity with social media and online communications strategies
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage detailed budgets
- Supervisory skills, with ability to manage and cultivate junior staff and effectively collaborate with subcontractors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, oversee several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Healthcare communications experience
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
JPA offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer healthcare, dental and vision options
- 20 days of PTO
- 401(k) with 5% employer match (immediately fully vested)
- Monthly phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule, and work from home days offered.
Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. JPA is an equal opportunity employer.