(Full Time; Washington, DC)
If you want to work at a global agency on a mission to make the world healthier, then JPA Health is the place for you. We’re public relations, advocacy and marketing all rolled into one brilliant bundle. We’re not the biggest, but we’re one of the top agencies focused on healthcare. Our offices are right in the middle of everything in Washington DC, Boston and London.
JPAers are diverse in many ways, but we have these things in common: we like our jobs, our clients – and each other. We build each other up. We work collaboratively. And we push ourselves to think bigger.
How do you know if JPA Health is a fit?
You find meaning in your career and are as thrilled by others’ success as you are your own. You work well both by yourself and as part of a team. You are comfortable playing different roles and are eager to try new things. You’re curious, clever and charismatic.
You’re not afraid to take risks, but you always have a reason and a plan. You don’t just find problems, you fix them. You offer answers, not contention.
Every single day, you think “good enough” is not good enough. You’re never intimidated by complexity, and you’re always motivated by purpose and the power of good health to create good lives.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to get to know you. JPA Health is hiring.
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Account Director that is interested in working in our D.C. office location. The successful candidate will marry healthcare/life science traditional PR/advocacy and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior agency experience: (6 – 8 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, strategy and creative marketing skills
- Health communications experience (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Lead and direct day-to-day account work, which may include: drafting and reviewing a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing and reviewing client content, including contributed articles, marketing materials, press releases, media pitches and digital/social content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Direct and manage the execution of PR, marketing and advocacy programs and campaigns, thought-leadership, data communications, patient programs, policy programs, new product launches, events and other initiatives
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all types of communications writing
- Lead the implementation of PR, marketing and advocacy strategy and lead the team on pre-determined aspects of client campaigns
- Significant involvement in new business efforts, including leading research, strategy development and proposal writing, and attending new business pitches
- Supervise staff including professional development and mentoring
- Provide significant client counsel, run client meetings, and provide high-level input on strategy; interacting with senior and C-level executives
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects, and ensuring team billing, staff utilization and revenue targets are met
- Identify client opportunities to grow projects
- Spearhead client strategy planning
- Take ownership over all accounts assigned to team and actively direct team members in client services
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Build senior-level relationships with client counterparts through an immersive understanding of their brand, industry, competition and marketing challenges
- Work with the executive team, ensure the quality of work from JPA is being challenged
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a team
- Understanding of the changing health environment
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
JPA offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer healthcare, dental and vision options
- 20 days of PTO
- 401(k) with 5% employer match (immediately fully vested)
- Monthly phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule, and work from home days offered.
Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. JPA is an equal opportunity employer.