(Full Time; Washington, DC)
JPA Health Communications is an award-winning integrated strategic marketing firm that designs and implements campaigns (corporate, brand, advocacy) for Biotech, pharmaceutical, non-profit and government clients and more. As leaders in influencer relations, JPA uses a targeted approach to reach the stakeholders who drive change and deliver measurable results.
JPA is currently searching for a bright and ambitious Account Executive that is interested in working in our D.C. office. The successful candidate will marry healthcare/life science traditional PR/advocacy, health policy and creative agency experience, be a self-starter comfortable with rolling up their sleeves, and working to develop new business opportunities, craft client proposals and develop pitches, and serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns.
- Prior agency experience: (2 – 3 years)
- Proven media, advocacy relations, PR, public affairs/policy, strategy and creative marketing skills
- A strong writing ability
- Be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess a passion for healthcare communications
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, developing client content, including contributed articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Manage the execution of PR and public affairs programs and campaigns, new product launches, events and other major media milestones
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring profitability of programs and projects, minimizing write-offs and account over-servicing, aiding collection of receivables and ensuring team billability/revenue targets are met
- Occasionally supervise junior staff on various account projects and activities
- 2 – 3 years of communications experience – public relations (advocate engagement, media outreach, public affairs/policy, project management, event execution, etc.)
- Healthcare communications experience (pharma/biotech, oncology, rare disease experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Required)
JPA offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer healthcare, dental and vision options
- 20 days of PTO
- 401(k) with 5% employer match (immediately vested)
- Monthly phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule, and work from home days offered.
Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. JPA is an equal opportunity employer.