Government Relations News
Initial analysis from JPA Health Communications.
Trying to understand what President-elect Trump will do about healthcare—an area in which he gave just one speech—is not easy.
Patients and advocacy groups may be one step closer to increasing the strength of their voices in the development of new treatments.more
While buzzwords like eHealth, telemedicine, wireless health and mobile health are grabbing the headlines, the driving force behind this intersection of health and technology is simple – it’s all about empowering people.more
The Supreme Court unanimously voted today that genes isolated from the human body cannot be patented.more
Gene patents have become a deeply divisive issue among medical and research communities. Today, SCOTUS will hear arguments for Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc.more
As a state that’s setting the bar for implementation of healthcare reform, the response of Massachusetts providers and insurers to new healthcare regulation will send a clear message to state and federal legislators about what works (and what doesn’t work) in efforts to reduce rising healthcare costs.more
Earlier today, the United States Supreme Court ruled 5-4 to uphold the hotly-debated Affordable Care Act as constitutional.more
In a rare instance of bipartisan cooperation between lawmakers on the Hill, the U.S. House of Representatives voted 387-5 on Wednesday in support of legislation that – if passed into law – would give the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) increased powers to tackle critical drug shortages.more
Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?more
JPA Health Communications
1420 K Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
How Can We Help You?
Newsletter Sign Up
Other ways to connect
- 5 Tips to Boost your Social Media Engagement for 2017
- Atypical Storytelling
- 4 Must-Have Strategies for International Patient Engagement
- What Will a Trump Administration Mean for Healthcare?
- Bridging to Better Health Science Communication
- Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) honors JPA's Melissa Zuckerman
- Awe Inspiring Health & Life Sciences at the Biennial USA Science & Engineering Festival
- Oh Facebook - Goodbye Like, Hello Pity?
- Personalized patient treatment – is precision healthcare the future?
- Wanted: The Comments Section, Dead or Alive