Careers — Join Our Award-Winning Health Communications Firm
JPA is hiring professionals who are creative, intelligent, detail-oriented and who demonstrate initiative. Qualified candidates should use our submit resume form. Please complete all information in the form.
Health Communication Job Openings
JPA Health Communications is an award-winning communications firm known for crafting targeted, high-impact strategic communications, advocacy and media relations programs for nonprofit organizations, life science companies and federal, pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and federal government clients. By applying the influencer relations model – Stakeholder Engagement, Policy and Government, Advocacy, Media and Digital & Social Media – JPA identifies and engages key influencers that can be leveraged to most effectively deliver our clients' messages and drive change within their field. And, at JPA, we believe that insights lead to results.
As part of our rapid growth in DC, Boston and London, JPA is building out our operations team to help our staff grow and thrive professionally.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be an integral member of the Operations team with primary responsibility for coordination of JPA’s benefits, its professional development program and to oversee its talent acquisition through world-class recruiting efforts
- Oversee recruiting activities through identifying potential talent (i.e., implementing recruitment strategies, screening resumes, performing phone interviews) and managing the interview process, including: scheduling candidates, managing the recruiting system and ensuring accuracy of information
- Assess and enhance employee benefit package with creative new offerings designed to attract and retain high performing employees
- Manage compensation benchmarking and development of career ladders, salary banding/salary structure development to ensure company is consistent across all functions
- Coordinate the offer and onboarding process including preparing offer letters, background check evaluations, and other new hire activities including support for New Hire Orientation
- Administer employee benefits including enrollment and communications with employees around day to day questions and open enrollment; maintain all human resource files
- Ensure that people-changes are communicated effectively throughout the organization as needed (e.g., new hires, terminations); owner of notification process, coordinate the administration of benefits and exit interviews when people leave the company
- Establish and/or oversee the implementation of HR information systems including Applicant tracking, Performance Management and time tracking
- Maintain Human Resource information including the HR calendar, people updates, general HR activities, etc.
- Daily interaction with employees on general HR related topics
- A key member of the Operations team that promotes JPA’s values and has a visible presence in the organization (i.e., develop recognition programs designed to support our vision, mission and values)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, additional HR training or certifications a plus
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Human Resources support or coordinator role
- Experience working with human resource information systems and able to use Excel to generate reports. Experience working with databases required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Proven work experience as a recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter)
- SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ideal candidates will be high energy and comfortable operating in a small company, fast paced environment
- Strong communication, influence, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have a strong sense of customer service and be able to follow-up on multiple issues
- Must be able to work as part of a team
We seek an Account Coordinator to play a vital role in supporting the work of the account team and company, helping to achieve objectives in an effective and efficient manner. The AC will possess exceptional clerical skills, mature judgment, flexibility, independence and follow-through. Candidates should be skilled at standard secretarial responsibilities, such as handling mail, making meeting arrangements and maintaining efficient electronic and paper files. The Account Coordinators will also perform media relations, account management and financial tasks such as billing.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Candidates for this position must have a bachelor’s degree, interest and/or experience in healthcare PR, and should have completed at least one 3-month internship in public relations or a related field. PR agency experience preferred.
We seek an Account Supervisor with agency experience, proven media and advocacy relations skills (non-profit patient advocate engagement) and strong writing ability. Applicant should be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess an interest in the healthcare environment. The position also requires effective time management and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, leading traditional and social media relations outreach, maintaining client and stakeholder (advocate, KOL, etc.) contact and managing projects
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Manage implementation of events, such as internal conferences, advocacy meetings and/or briefings, etc.
- Supervise junior staff on various account project and activities
- Communications experience (public relations or advocacy relations) with proven advocacy and media relations skills (advocate engagement, media outreach, project management, event execution, etc.) and strong writing ability
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Healthcare communications experience preferred
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time
We seek an Account Executive with a demonstrable interest in the healthcare sector with the industry understanding to confidently liaise with clients on the latest developments. In addition, you must be a highly organized individual with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities coupled with the drive and enthusiasm to flourish in this fast-paced agency. Media relations experience a must.
- Support day-to-day account activity (including drafting press materials, media relations, working with advocates, etc.)
- Building media relations and client reporting
- Research and profiling of global stakeholders in health space
- Create and deliver a variety of engaging PR and advocacy programs that consistently exceed client expectations
- 1-2 years of professional experience (agency experience preferred)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of media monitoring and media distribution tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Financial acumen
- Bachelor's degree
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
Washington, DC - JPA
1420 K Street, NW, Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20005
(202) 591-4000 - main
(202) 591-4020 - fax
Boston, MA - JPA
15 Broad Street, Suite 512
Boston, MA 02109
(617) 945-9072 - main
London - JPA
1 Euston Square, Suite 3.09
40 Melton Street
London, NW1 2FD
+44 (0) 20 3574 4588 - main
Other ways to connect
How Can We Help You?
Our Unique Approach
We pride ourselves on being able to get our clients to where they want to be. Our proven process for health communications, our unique approach to influencer relations and our passion for our work is what makes us successful.
- 5 Tips to Boost your Social Media Engagement for 2017
- Atypical Storytelling
- 4 Must-Have Strategies for International Patient Engagement
- What Will a Trump Administration Mean for Healthcare?
- Bridging to Better Health Science Communication
- Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) honors JPA's Melissa Zuckerman
- Awe Inspiring Health & Life Sciences at the Biennial USA Science & Engineering Festival
- Oh Facebook - Goodbye Like, Hello Pity?
- Personalized patient treatment – is precision healthcare the future?
- Wanted: The Comments Section, Dead or Alive
JPA Health Communications is always looking for new and top talent. View our open healthcare communications and public relations job positions.