Careers — Join the Fastest Growing Health Communications Firm
JPA is hiring professionals who are creative, intelligent, detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter or fax it to 202-591-4020.
Health Communication Job Openings
We seek an Account Director with agency experience, proven media and advocacy (non-profit patient advocate engagement) relations skills, strong writing ability and excellent project management. Applicant should be detail oriented, demonstrate critical thinking, and possess an interest in the healthcare environment. The position also requires effective time management and the ability to oversee multiple projects and junior staff.
- Manage day-to-day account work, which may include: overseeing and drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and stakeholder (advocate, KOL, etc.) contacts and managing projects
- Act as a liaison between client, outside vendors and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (i.e., media, advocates, medical experts, other interest groups)
- Direct implementation of events, such as press conferences, media briefings, advocacy and/or investigator meetings, etc.
- Supervise and develop staff on various account projects and activities
- Manage and monitor budgets for accounts and projects
- Support new business proposal development and pitches
- Communications experience (public relations or advocacy relations) with proven advocacy and media relations skills (advocate engagement, media outreach, project management, event execution, etc.) and strong writing ability
- Familiarity with social media and online communications strategies
- Project management experience, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines, prioritize changing needs and work within budget parameters
- Supervisory skills, with ability to manage and cultivate junior staff and effectively collaborate with subcontractors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, flexibility and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage several tasks simultaneously and work both independently and as a team
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the changing healthcare environment
- Flexibility to help as needed to support the growth of the Cambridge office
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Healthcare communications experience preferred
- Travel may be required for this position (about 10% of time)
Competitive salaries and great benefits are offered. Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. JPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Washington, DC - JPA
1420 K Street, NW, Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20005
(202) 591-4000 - main
(202) 591-4020 - fax
Boston, MA - JPA
50 Church Street, 5th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 945-9230 - main
(617) 945-2561 - fax
Send Us an Email
Other ways to connect
How Can We Help You?
Our Unique Approach
We pride ourselves on being able to get our clients to where they want to be. Our proven process for health communications, our unique approach to influencer relations and our passion for our work is what makes us successful.
- Paying it Forward in the Wake of a National Emergency
- SCOTUS Watch: Justices to Hear Arguments on Legality of Gene Patents Today
- Keywords are Dead? But What Does that Mean for My Content Strategy?
- Leveraging the New Care Paradigm to Enhance Patient Education
- Patient Advocates: Rare Devotion and Sustaining Perseverance
- To Lower Health Costs, Massachusetts Provides Tax Incentive for Wellness Programs
- JPA Supports NEHI – Winner of JPA’s Mass Innovator Competition
- Emotional Care - Reaching Beyond Treatment
- The Right Way to Use an Embargo
- Implementing Healthcare Reform: Eyes on Massachusetts
JPA Health Communications is always looking for new and top talent. View our open healthcare communications and public relations job positions.